This sausage pie recipe is one that my mum used to make many years ago. I have tried it with my family and everyone likes it.
It is very quick and simple to make. I have frozen leftovers and reheated them the next day. I do like to reheat pastry in the oven as I like it when the pastry is crunchy.
- 4 sheets of Puff Pastry depending on the size of your casserole dish
- 8 sausages you may need more – see above
- 2 eggs
- Boil the sausages in water, so that the skin is starting to come off. Take them off the heat and remove all the skin.
- Grease a casserole dish and lay 2 sheets of pastry on the bottom making sure some goes up the sides.
- Cut the sausages into small pieces and lay on top of the pastry.
- Beat the eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper and pour over the sausages.
- Place the rest of the pastry on top and seal.
- Press some holes in the top of the pastry with a fork and bake 180C for around 30 minutes until browned.