Want a new and exciting dish that uses sausages? Then you must try this sausage and egg pie!
Sausage and Egg Pie
This delicious sausage and egg dish is a great way to use all those fresh eggs that your chickens lay, with added sausage, which many kids enjoy.
Served with a delicious garden or BLT salad, this pie makes a lovely meal on a hot night.
To make this sausage and egg pie, you will need:
- thin beef sausages
- self raising flour
- salt and pepper
To make this dish, first preheat your oven and line a deep baking tray.
Heat a little oil in a frypan and cook the onion, bacon and garlic until the onion is soft.
Remove from the frypan and set aside.
Add the sausages to the frypan and cook until done.
Remove, cool slightly, then slice the sausages into this slices. You could make them larger for a more rustic dish, if you wish.
Arrange the sausages and onion mix in the prepared baking tray.
Sprinkle over the grated carrot and zucchini, then the grated cheese.
In a bowl, whisk the milk, flour, eggs, salt and pepper.
Pour over the the sausages and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
When cooked, remove from oven, let cool slightly then cut and serve with salad.
- Sweet Potato and Bacon Slice
- Keto Eggs Benedict
- Bacon and Egg Cups
- Cheesy Bacon and Egg Cob Loaf
- BLT Salad
- Zucchini Slice
Sausage and Egg Pie
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 8 thin beef sausages
- 3 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line a deep, rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat a couple of TBSP of oil in frypan and cook the onion, bacon and garlic.
- Remove onion mix and set aside.
- Add sausages to frypan and cook, turning over until done.
- Remove, cool slightly, then slice the sausages.
- Arrange the sausages, onion, grated carrot and zucchini over the base of the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- In a bowl whisk the milk and flour until smooth and well combined.
- Add the eggs to the milk/flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour this mixture over the sausages.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- When cooked, remove from oven, let cool slightly then cut and serve with salad.