Going through our freezer, I found many packets of sausages. The boys were complaining about how boring sausages were getting, so I decided to try something different with them.
This sausage and egg pie recipe is a bit like a mixture of quiche with sausages instead of bacon.
Sausage and Egg Pie
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 2 zucchini finely chopped
- 8 thin beef sausages
- 1 cup cheese grated
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line a deep, rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat a couple of TBSP of oil in frypan and cook the onion.
- Remove onion and set aside.
- Add sausages to frypan and cook, turning over until done.
- Remove, cool slightly, then slice the sausages.
- Arrange the sausages, onion, grated carrot and zucchini over the base of the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- In a bowl whisk the milk and flour until smooth and well combined.
- Add the eggs to the milk/flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour this mixture over the sausages.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
For more awesome recipes, check out my In the Kitchen… Pinterest Board