Rocky Road is a quick and easy dish that can be used as a present or as part of a plate taken to a morning/afternoon tea. We enjoy it mainly around birthdays and Christmas as a special treat.
Normally, I use milk chocolate and add whatever we feel like at the time, though if you wanted to make it a little more Christmassy for Christmas presents you could use white chocolate and red/green glace cherries or jelly lollies and coconut.
- 400 g milk chocolate pieces
- 100 g pk mini marshmallows
- 150 g jelly lollies, chopped
- handful of chopped almonds
- 250 g clinkers, chopped
- 200 g white chocolate
- lolly decorations for trees
To Make the Rocky Road
- Add the marshmallows, jelly lollies, nuts, clinkers and whatever else you want to add, to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the chocolate in microwaveable bowl.
- Slowly melt in short bursts, stirring in between.
- When the chocolate has melted, pour on top of the marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until everything is covered with chocolate.
- Pour into lined baking tray and place in the fridge until set.
- Once set, cut and store in an airtight container.