Travel Kids Club is a new and exciting way to introduce your kids to people, animals and situations all around the world. Aimed at kids ages 6 – 11, this club is designed to help children realise that their choices are important and to help support charitable projects and help make a difference.
Each month, your child will receive a package in the mail about a particular country. This package will include:
- a 30 page, personalised letter full of stories and adventures
- a selection of activities such as a word search, crossword, colouring page, crafts
- a choice of two age appropriate charitable causes that they can support with their vote
- Competitions to win prizes
- PLUS! Every 3 months there is a special issue with extras like interactive bedroom posters.
They will discover:
- how children live in other countries
- words from new languages
- an understanding of different cultures, foods and traditions
- the wonderful animals of the world
- the inspiring work of charities and for-good projects
- simple geography
- an introduction to social and environmental causes
- a chance to make small choices that have a tangible positive impact
How did we go?
Recently, we received the first ever package! This package was all about Cambodia. When the package arrived, the boys were really excited. They loved the colourful envelope!
The first thing they did was to read the 30 page personalised letter. They learnt a lot about this country, the language spoken, the food eaten, transportation, landmarks and the way of life. It was a very interesting read and has now encouraged our boys to find out more about this amazing country.
Next, they completed the wordsearch and the crossword. All the answers for the crossword are in the letter, which they used to help them spell the words correctly.
Each month, your child gets a chance to make a difference by supporting real causess. This month they were able to vote between two options. One is to help Theary Finish School and the other is to help build enclosures for endangered turtles. Our boys read the informative pamphlet to took their time to make the important decision on who they were going to vote for.
Included in the package is a colouring in competition which all kids can enter. Once our boys had finished colouring in the mouse, we emailed off their pictures to join in (and hopefully) win a great prize.
Also in the package were three craft activities. These were printed out on thicker card, with easy to follow instructions. Our boys loved creating a stand up spider and elephant and making their own hot air balloon.
Overall, we have really enjoyed our time learning about Cambodia. This package included lots of fun information and activities about this interesting place. Though this package is created for kids aged 6 – 11, I think younger children will enjoy it, though they may need help from parents to read the information, if they are unable to read yet.
If you haven’t joined up yet, pop on over and check the Travel Kids Club website out now!
Disclosure: I was given a package for the purpose of reviewing. All opinions on this blog are my own and were not in anyway influenced by the product provided or by the company.