This quick and easy creamy cucumber salad is full of flavour, light, tasty and incredibly easy to make. It is a great salad for picnics, pot lucks or as part of a summer meal.
Easy Creamy Cucumber Salad
This delicious salad is a lovely, refreshing salad to have on a hot day. We love it as a side to a bbq while sitting by the pool. It is also a great way to use all the cucumbers that we grow ourselves.
With only a few ingredients, it is best made fresh the day it is needed, though you can make this salad and chill for up to 24 hours before serving. I recommend giving it a stir before serving if you do this. You could also cut up the cucumber and onion and keep it separate from the creamy dressing until just before serving.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
- 1 TBSP lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut up the onion and cucmbers and place in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk togther the sour cream, dill, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cucumbers and onion.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hours, just give it a stir immediately before serving.
You may also like:
- Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
- BLT Salad
- Tomato-Spinach Pasta Salad
- Zucchini Slice
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
- BLT Salad