Quiche is a fantastic dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a pot luck, party or even baby or bridal showers. This crustless quiche recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Quiche is a fabulous dish that can be eaten hot or cold, and even prepared ahead and frozen for meals during the week. This quiche is creamy and soft, tasting great on its own, or served with salad to make a mouth-watering meal.
There are many different add-ins that can be used when making a quiche. They include:
- Goats cheese
- Caramelised onions
- Fresh herbs such as parsley, or sage
- Diced ham
- Feta cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Diced, cooked chicken breast
- Corn kernels
When adding extras, try to stick to around ½ to 1 cup cheese and no more than 2 cups of vegetables and/or meat.
Making ahead and Storing
Quiche can be made ahead, then cooled before completely covering with a few sheets of aluminium foil and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To enjoy, thaw in the fridge or on the counter, then reheat in the oven.
The quiche can also be stored in the fridge after it has been cooled for up to 3 days.
Try serving this quiche with:
- BLT Salad
- Chorizo, Egg and Potato Salad
- Fresh Marinated Zucchini Tomato Salad
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Creamy Greek Pasta Salad
- Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad
- Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
- Tomato-Spinach Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Classic Greek Salad
To make this quiche, you will need:
- 3 pieces bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180˚C (356˚F).
Line or grease a pie dish.
Dice the bacon pieces and place in a large bowl.
Dice the onion and add it to the bowl with the bacon.
Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing as you go.
Add the flour and milk alternately, mixing well.
Grate the cheese and add it to the bowl.
Add the butter and salt and pepper and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
Bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until golden brown. A skewer, when inserted, should come out clean.
- Sausage and Egg Pie
- Sweet Potato and Bacon Slice
- Keto Eggs Benedict
- Bacon and Egg Cups
- Cheesy Bacon and Egg Cob Loaf
- Zucchini Slice
Easy Crustless Quiche
- 3 pieces Bacon, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (356˚F).
- Line or grease a pie dish.
- Dice the bacon pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Dice the onion and add it to the bowl with the bacon.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing as you go.
- Add the flour and milk alternately, mixing well.
- Grate the cheese and add it to the bowl.
- Add the butter and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until golden brown. A skewer, when inserted, should come out clean.