I was looking for a recipe that used pumpkin. Since out blender broke, I can’t make pumpkin soup anymore as I can’t get it smooth and hubby won’t eat it if it has lumps in it.
I can across this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread recipe and thought It sounded amazing.
And it was!!
There are 3 parts to this recipe, but it is not hard to make.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
For the Filling
- 8 227g ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar you may use less if you don't want it too sweet
- 1 TBSP plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For the Bread
- 1 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- For the Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 to 2 1/2 TBSP milk
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl mix the filling ingredients: cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix these bread ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the pureed pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar. Beat well.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until combined. Fold in the pecans or walnuts if using.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top and then spoon on the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Take a knife and swirl around in the two layers. This creates a marble effect.
- Bake in oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove to a rack to cool completely.
- To make the cinnamon glaze, combine the icing sugar, milk, cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle over cool loaves and then sprinkle on nuts for garnish.
Even our boys loved it!!
A great way to get them to eat some vegetables!!