These peppermint creams are so yummy and would be great for homemade Christmas gifts.
Both our boys enjoyed making them on their own, only a little bit of help was needed.
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 5-7 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint flavouring / extract
- green food colouring optional
- Sift the icing sugar and then mix with the condensed milk until stiff.
- Knead in the essence.
- If you want some white and some coloured, separate the dough and colour.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on the working surface.
- Roll the dough out and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- If the dough sticks, sprinkle with extra icing sugar.
- The dough can also be rolled into balls and placed on a tray.
- Lay out to dry on a tray lined with baking paper.
You could also add different essences for different flavours. For our pink ones, we added strawberry essence and a little pink food colouring.
Once set, you could melt some chocolate and dip them in to coat.