Ordinal numbers are one of the many math concepts that young children will learn. Most children will become aware of ordinal numbers through watching races. This will help them recognise and be able to describe the order that the competitors finished the race. They can put these skills into better practice while completing these ordinal numbers printables and worksheets.
Ordinal Numbers Printables
Before moving onto ordinal numbers, children will need to be able to count forwards and backwards by 1’s, as they will need to be able to connect numbers with the ordinal numbers terms – first, second, third as well as the short versions – 1st, 2nd and so on.
With these black and white printables, children will be practicing the ordinal numbers from first through tenth. With 19 pages of activities, children will be able to learn, recognise and reinforce these particular math skills.
Ordinal Numbers Activities
After a page that explains ordinal numbers and gives an example of this, there are ten pages – one page for each number from first through tenth.
The activities on these pages include:
- Write the ordinal number word – eg. first
- Colour the number – eg. 1st
- Count and colour the correct object
- Find the ordinal number and circle it
- Cut and paste the ordinal number word – Spell it out, by putting the letters in the correct order – eg. first
After these pages, there are a variety of different activities.
- Ordinal numbers match, where children will match the ordinal numbers – 1st to first
- This activity consists of 2 Pages – Write in the correct ordinal number – There are seven pictures in order which children will need to write what order they come in eg. first, second
- This is another activity that also has two pages. Look at the pictures across the top of the page and write the name of the picture on the correct line.
- Ordinal Numbers Colour activity. Children will read the instructions and colour in the correct pictures. There are two pages for this activity.
- Lastly, fill in the blanks. The first column consists of the ordinal number – 1st, 2nd; the second column consists of the ordinal number word – first, second; the third column consists of hippos. Children are to colour in the correct hippo.
You may also like:
- Dinosaur Tracing and Cutting Strips
- Dinosaur Count and Clip Cards
- Hopping Numbers
- Learning Multiplication
- Multiplication Cards
- Easter Multiplication
- Spring Multiplication
- Earth Day Multiplication
- Math Posters – Multiplication and Division
- Earth Day Multiplication
- Bear Number Match
- A – Z Ten Frame Mats
- Eagle Number Puzzles
- Roman Numeral Puzzles
To grab your copy of these printables, sign up below:
No matter what I do clicking on appropriate pictures, I can’t download this project.
Can you help me please.
If you scroll to the bottom of the post, there is a place for your to sign up with your name and email address. The printable will then be emailed to you.