This fun Rocket Rhyming Activity contains four different coloured rockets ~ blue, purple, red and green as well as 10 sets of rhyming words. It also comes in a black and white version. There are two versions of the rhyming words: one with the words as well as the pictures and one with just the pictures.
The rhyming words are:
- bee & tree
- box & fox
- cake & snake
- cat & hat
- dog & log
- dragon & wagon
- duck & truck
- fan & pan
- hen & pen
- pig & wig
- Print out all pages on white paper or cardstock.
- Cut the two pages with the rockets on in half, so there is one rocket per sheet and laminate.
- Cut out all the circles with the rhyming words and laminate.
- Place a velcro dot in the middle of each of the two circles on the rockets and one dot on the back of each of the rhyming word circles.
- Place all circle cards in a pile (could be face down) and then choose one card. Place this card on the top circle on the rocket.
- Search through the pile and find the matching rhyming word to place on the bottom circle of the rocket.
- You could also print out five of the rocket pages and have one rocket for each rhyming set. Place the rhyming cards face down and have your child choose one card and place it on a rocket. They can continue to pick up cards and place them on the rockets. If they match with one they have already picked up, they place it on that. If they don’t match, then they can place it on a new card.