This gorgeous ocean sensory bottle is a fun and easy activity, especially for toddlers and preschoolers who love the beach and ocean creatures.
Ocean Sensory Bottle
This fun sensory bottle is a great way to add a fun and creative element to an ocean learning unit as well. To create this bottle, you will need:
- 1 (16 ounce) VOSS plastic bottle or a sensory bottle
- 2 to 3 (6 ounce) bottles Elmer’s Glue in clear
- About 1 cup warm water
- 1 drop blue food coloring
- About 1 tablespoon glitter or confetti (if desired)
- Toys (if desired) – we used these mini ocean creature toys
To create your ocean sensory bottle, first empty one of the glue bottles into your clean bottle.
Then fill the glue bottle that you just emptied into your sensory bottle, about half full with warm water. It works out to about ¼ cup of warm water.
Seal the lid of this glue bottle and shake well to combine the remaining glue and the water.
Pour this glue/water into your sensory bottle and stir to combine.
Add one drop of blue food colouring, add the lid to the bottle and shake to combine. You want a lovely blue colour that is light enough to see the animals swimming around in.
If you are adding glitter, confetti and toys, now is the time. Add about 1 TBSP of glitter, and your chosen toys to the mix.
Seal the jar and shake well. If the glitter or confetti does not move easily, add more warm water. If the glitter or confetti moves too quickly, add additional glue. Continue adding in layers with the glitter and toys until you achieve your desired effect.
When the contents of the bottle move according to your preference, seal the bottle and glue the lid closed to avoid spills.
You can seal the lid shut with duct tape if desired.
You could make this activity extra fun by:
- adding some glow in the dark glitter
- including some materials that remind your of your favourite beach or ocean spot
- including some toy treasures to the bottle
- You could seal the bottle without adding any animals for a lovely glittery, blue ocean bottle.
More Ocean Activities
- Ocean Handwriting Activity
- Ocean Life Sensory Box
- Ocean Alphabet Cards
- Ocean Printable Pack
- Learning about Great White Sharks Flip Book
- Shark Shape Matching Cards
- Shark Alphabet Matching Cards
- Shark Cards
- Shark Unit
- Squid Paper Craft Activity