This no-prep printable pack contains a variety of monthly reading logs as well as reading challenges. All pages in the pack are also in black and white which makes for easier and cheaper printing.
First, there is a monthly reading log in which children complete once they have completed reading a book. This page includes:
- Date book was read
- Book Title
- Book Author
- Did they enjoy it? – colour in the thumbs up or thumbs down depending on if they enjoyed reading this book or not
- Book Genre – write which genre the book comes under (there is a book genre page further on in the pack)
Another monthly reading log is a page that contains a bookcase and three shelves of books. As they finish a book, children can write the name of the book on one of the book spines in the bookcase then even colour in the spine.
Next, there is a more in-depth two-page monthly reading log. This log includes activities such as:
- Book Title
- Book Genre (can cut and paste)
- Best part of the story
- List of Characters
- Problem that the characters face
- Other books in the same genre
- Favourite character
- New word, meaning and using it in a sentence
- The Setting
- The solution to the problem
- Another solution to the problem could be
- Connections with characters
There is a two-page monthly genre graph activity, where children place a mark, or colour in the box of the genre of the books as they read them throughout the month.
Also included are two different reading challenges that each contain 10 reading challenges. Children could complete one of these a month as something different to a regular reading log.
This is also a great way to record the books that you have borrowed from the library which in turn is a great way to save on your homeschool budget.
Reading Themed Printables
Reading for Kids
- Yearly Bible Reading Plan
- 60 Books Your Kids Should Read
- Roald Dahl Resources & Activities
- Little House in the Big Woods Resources
- Farmer Boy Resources
- On the Banks of Plum Creek Study
- Alice in Wonderland Study
- Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Study
- Charlotte’s Web Study
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Study
- James and the Giant Peach Study
- Peter Pan Printables
- Sarah, Plain & Tall Study
- The Witches Study
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle Study
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins Study
Readers for Young Children
- Community Workers Reader
- Bible Story Reader
- Transport Readers
- Turkey Life Cycle Readers
- Sea Turtle Life Cycle Readers
- Spider Life Cycle Readers
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Readers
- Apple Life Cycle Readers
- Learning Rhyme & Rhythm with Nursery Rhymes
- 100+ Free Printables
To grab your free copy of these Reading Log Printables, sign up below:
This is such a wonderful resource and will inspire a love of reading! Thank you for creating it. If there is any way to tweak to include British spellings that would be amazing!
There are two versions already in the pack. If they are not correct, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with more details.