This Mediterranean Hummus Bowl is so quick and easy to make and is a wonderful healthy and filling meal.
Mediterranean Hummus Bowl
If you are looking for a delicious healthy lunch or dinner option made with lovely, fresh ingredients, then you must try a Mediterranean Hummus Bowl.
You will love Mediterranean Hummus Bowls as they are versatile, meal prep friendly, and so quick and easy to make.
Hummus Bowl Variations
These amazing bowls are definitely a build-your-own situation.
Other ingredients that could be added to your Mediterranean Hummus Bowl include:
- Brown rice
- Red Onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pine Nuts
- Sliced pickles
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Toasted pita chips
- Roasted vegetables
- Cauliflower Rice
- Goat’s cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs for serving
You could even serve your bowl with some pita bread or some delicious toasted sourdough!
Hummus Bowl Storage Tips
As these bowls are best made with fresh ingredients, storing them is hard. What you can do is prepare a few ingredients, and keep them separate, ready to use for a quick and easy bowl later on.
If you are adding things like quinoa to your bowl, remember that cooked quinoa will keep in the fridge for up to one week, or up to two to three months when frozen. Chopped vegetables will also keep in the fridge for up to four days.
You can prepare your vegetables, storing them in a glass jar, with the hummus at the bottom. Next, add the harder foods such as olives and chickpeas. Lastly, follow these with the soft vegetables and then the leafy greens. These jars should keep in the fridge for up to four days.
Tips for Making a Hummus Bowl
- The bowls taste best when everything is crisp and presentable, so assemble the salads just before serving.
- You don’t need to add a dressing, though instead of the red wine vinegar, you could add a little olive oil.
- When preparing the vegetables, cut them into bite-sized pieces so that they are easy to eat.
- Quinoa and rice do make the bowl more hearty and filling.
Making A Hummus Bowl
To make this hummus bowl, you will need:
- 1 cup hummus, plain or flavoured
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup raw chickpeas
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, raw
- Red wine vinegar, to taste (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste (optional)
Assemble the vegetables in a bowl as desired.
Spoon the hummus on top.
Drizzle with red wine vinegar or olive oil, if desired.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinated Zucchini Tomato Salad
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Creamy Greek Pasta Salad
- Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad
- Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
- Tomato-Spinach Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
- Chorizo, Egg and Potato Salad
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Classic Greek Salad
Mediterranean Hummus BowlSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 Cup Hummus, Plain or flavoured
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives, Pitted and sliced
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Cup Raw Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Cup Cucumber, Diced
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach, Washed and dried
- Red Wine Vinegar or Olive Oil, To Taste - Optional
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste - Optional
- Assemble the vegetables in a bowl as desired.
- Spoon the hummus on top.
- Drizzle with red wine vinegar or olive oil, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.