A great way to introduce a variety of different 2d shapes to young children in preschool, kindergarten and pre-k is with this fun and free Lemon Tree Shapes Printable Pack.
Lemon Tree Shapes Printable Pack
- counters or pom poms or small lemon or tree erasers
In this pack, you will receive 4 different activities that revolve around learning different 2d shapes with a lemon and tree theme. The activities are:
- Shape Matching Cards – Print out and laminate and use to match the correct shaped tree to the matching shaped lemon slice
- Shape Matching Cards with label – Print out and laminate and use to match the correct shaped tree to the matching lemon slice. These cards have the name of the shape on both the tree and lemon slice cards to help learn the shapes or can be used to help with reading and even writing – they can practice writing the shape.
- Cut and Paste Mats – Cut out the two or three circles on the bottom of the page. You can laminate both the circle with the lemon slice on it and the rest of the mat after the circles have been cut off. Then you can place a velcro dot on the back of the circle and on the dotted circle on the mat and children can practice placing the correct lemon shape on the matching shaped tree. Or children could glue the lemon slice onto the tree.
- Shape Matching Clip Cards – These cards can be cut out and be laminated for durability. Children will look at the shape of the lemon slice and the tree with the lemon slice and clip a paperclip or small peg or even place a marble, counter or pom pom on the matching shape in one of the three circles on the bottom of the card.
- Match the Tree to the Lemon Slice – These mats can be laminated and children can use a dry-erase marker to match the tree to the lemon slice, or children could use a crayon or marker to draw lines to match the tree to the lemon slice.
- Shape Matching Mats – These mats can be cut out and laminated for durability or used as is. Children can place a counter, pom pom or small tree / lemon erasers on the matching lemon slice. Then they can use a dry-erase marker (if laminated) or a pencil or crayon to trace the name of the shape.
These cards come in colour and a black and white version.
There are thirteen different shapes in this printable pack including:
More Shape Printables
- 2D Shape Apple Matching Cards
- Robin 2D Shape Puzzles
- Rattlesnake 2D Shape Cards
- 2D Shape Worksheets
- Spider Shapes Pack
- Shape Printable Pack
- Shape Playdough Mats
To get your copy of this Printable Pack, sign up below: