I made them with the lasagna sheets as that was all I had at the time, but some recipes use wonton wrappers. Next time I would like to try the wonton wrappers as the lasagna sheets were a lot of work.
I don’t follow any recipe for lasagna, so I will write it up as best I can. You can also look at the links below for the recipe.
- Mince Sauce
- 1 pkt mince normally around 400-600g
- 1 onion diced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- pepper – lots and lots
- 2 TBSP garlic – I buy minced garlic in a jar
- basil – lots of this too
- grated zucchini
- grated carrot
- sliced mushrooms
- Cheese Sauce
- 50 g butter
- 2 TBSP plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Meat Sauce Directions
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute onion, garlic and zucchini, mushrooms, and then brown mince. Add tomato paste, soup and paste. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Cheese Sauce Directions
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour and cook for about 1 minute. Slowly add milk, stirring the whole time as not to get lumps in it. Cook while stirring for about 5 minutes until it thickens. Stir in cheese until smooth.
- To put it all together
- I broke the lasagna sheets in half longways and soaked them in boiling water for about 5 minutes until quite flexible.
- I lined a muffin tray (or two) with baking paper then added the lasagna sheet around the edges. It did overlap which was fine.
- I then added a dollop of cheese sauce to the bottom, followed by small broken piece of uncooked lasagna sheet then a dollop of meat sauce followed by another piece of uncooked lasagna then another dollop of cheese sauce and then grated cheese on top.
- Basically the same as making a large lasagna with a few little extra steps.
- I cooked them in the oven for around 30 minutes.
Stay at Home Mum’s Mini Lasagna Cups
Kevin and Amanda’s Mini lasagna cups
Cheese Sauce Recipe