These Ladybug Number Mats are great for kids who are learning to recognise the numbers from one through twenty.
Ladybug Number Mats
These cute ladybug number mats are a great way for young kids to learn and practice counting from one through twenty. With one mat for each of the numbers from one through twenty, children can work on the mats in order as they learn to count and recognise the numbers and number words.
To prepare, I suggest printing these mats out on white cardstock and laminating for durability. This way they can also be used for playdough.
There are many ways children can use these mats:
- Children can use playdough to create the number and the number word.
- Children can use a pen, marker or crayon to trace the numbers and number words. If these mats are laminated, children can use a dry erase marker to trace the words.
- To practice their counting, children can make ‘spots’ for the ladybugs by making small balls of playdough or using counters, smarties, m & m’s or pom poms, adding the correct number of spots of the number on that page.
By using these fun and colourful mats, your child will be sharpening up their counting skills as well as their fine motor skills.
This pack only comes in colour, there is no black and white version available.
For one time use, allow your child to cut dots our of a piece of black paper and glue the correct number of dots onto the ladybug.
When your child has completed all 20 number mats, tack them to the wall to help and use them for daily counting practice.
More Counting Activities
- Bunny Counting Mats
- Massive List of Counting Mats
- A – Z Ten Frame Mats
- 12 Days of Christmas Counting Mats
- Counting Flies from 1 – 12
- Eagle Number Puzzles
- Hopping Numbers Counting Printables
- Pigeon Themed Math Counting Activity
- Bear Number Match
To grab a copy of these number mats, click on the link below: