Somehow we ended up with quite a few kiwi fruit and they all seemed to ripen at the same time, as they usually do. I made these cupcakes with some and then made some ice blocks too. The boys did not like the ice blocks at all, and they were not fussed on these cupcakes. Hubby and I liked the cupcakes though.
- 175 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 175 g butter softened
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Grease or line muffin tray.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well until mixture is smooth, then stir in the kiwi fruit.
- Spoon mixture into the cases and bake in the oven until golden brown.
Adapted from Easy Cooking