It is Week 1 of the All Aussie Not Back to School Link Up and the topic is Homeschool Resources. Currently, we have very limited resources as we have just moved back into a house, after living in a caravan for nine months. We are starting to collect many books again as our boys love to read, so we usually have books everywhere all over the place.
So this means that this year we are starting fresh again and are very slowly building up our homeschooling supplies and resources again. The main curriculum we are using this year is the ACE program. Alongside this, we will add science experiments, literature studies, unit studies and book studies as well as some online programs when time and internet permits.
This year their curriculum is made up of:
- Creative Writing
- Social Studies
- Word Building
- Bible Reading: B only as R has completed all of these books)
- Typing Program: Typing Tournament V2
- Products we review with the Schoolhouse Review Crew
- Books we borrow from the Library which we will turn into Book Unit Studies
- Unit Studies / Art on places and points of interest we saw on our Lap of Oz
- Science Experiments
Really, apart from the ACE Paces, we just go with the flow. The boys will usually come to me and ask about something they have read about or seen and we go from there. I find they are much more interested in learning and will remember more of what we have learnt when I follow their lead.
You can check out some of our activities on my Pinterest Board:
This post is part of: