We love ice cream, but then again who doesn’t? We especially love the Peters brand, but it is getting very expensive these days, so I tend to make my own. I can also add chopped up chocolate or whatever we want to the mix as well.
Homemade Ice Cream (Thermo)
- 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- Mix all ingredients together. Freeze until slushy then beat with electric beaters (not blender) until mixture turns creamy and doubles in volume. Freeze until set.
- To make this in the Thermo,
- Mix the cream on SP10, 10 sec
- then scrape down the sides and beat on SP6, 6 sec.
- Then scrape down the sides again and repeat SP6, 6 sec.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix on SP6, 10 secs.
- Pour into a container and freeze until slushy.
- When it is slushy, pour back into the thermo bowl and mix SP6, 30 secs, then scrape down sides and repeat. I did this 5 times and then froze the ice cream until set.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning