Farmer Boy is the third book in the Little House Series. Laura is not in this book herself, as it focuses on the childhood of her future husband, Almanzo Wilder. It takes place before Laura was born on a farm in New York in the 1860s. As we read the book, we completed this great Farmer Boy Literature Study.
Farmer Boy is a book about the early years of Almanzo’s life. Almanzo was Laura’s husband. This is usually counted as the second book in the Little House series. If you would like some hands-on activities to go with this book and literature study, you can find them here: Farmer Boy Resources.
Farmer Boy Literature Study
This 120-page Farmer Boy Literature Study, includes:
- Chapter activities for each chapter of the book. These usually are read and answer type questions.
- Vocabulary worksheets for dictionary work.
- Notebooking Pages for the different animals you will come across in the book.
- Design a Help Wanted Sign
- Research New York activity pages
- Trees – deciduous / evergreen research activity
- Letter Writing – write a letter
- Poem Writing – variety of different poetry writing
- Notebooking Pages for the different plants you will come across in the book.
- Parts of Speech / Punctuation Activities
- Newspaper Writing activity
- Postcard Writing Activity
- Research the history of banks
- Research the Declaration of Independence activity
To download your copy of this printable pack, click on the link below: