These egg and bacon cups are a great way to start the day. I love that I can make them ahead and just reheat when we want them.
For these egg and bacon cups, I used thin bacon rashers to line the muffin cases. You do need to grease the muffin pan as they can stick. Another way to remove these cups from the muffin pan, is to run a knife around each one, while warm, before lifting them from the pan.
I added what we had, though you could add things like spinach, cheese, ham and capsicum as well.
You can store these egg and bacon cups in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Then, pop them in the microwave for up to 30 secs when ready to eat.
If you want to freeze them, wait until they are completely cold, then wrap individually in plastic wrap, place them in a zip-lock bag and pop them in the freezer for around one month. To reheat, unwrap and fold in slightly damp paper towel before heating in the microwave until warmed through.
Egg and Bacon CupsSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- mushrooms, sliced
- tomato, diced
- spring onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Herbs such as chives, parsley, basil
- Grease 4 holes in your muffin pan really well.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line each of the 4 holes with 2 pieces of bacon each.
- Break an egg into each of the cups.
- Add a small amount of mushrooms, tomato, spring onion to each of the cups.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and herbs.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 until the egg is set.
You may also like: