This creamy potato salad is a lovely and easy to make, side dish for a bbq or picnic.
Creamy Potato Salad
This potato salad is a lovely and creamy dish made with mayonnaise. I have used gluten-free mayonnaise to make this dish and we have loved that too.
For this dish, I used red skinned potatoes which I thoroughly washed before dicing and boiling. I left the skins on them, but that is up to you. Mix the potatoes with some cooked bacon pieces, hard-boiled eggs and spring onions before adding the lovely, creamy dressing.
To make this salad, you will need:
- spring onions
- apple cider vinegar
- wholegrain mustard
- celery salt
To Make this Delicious Salad
Wash and scrub the potatoes and dice into bite-sized cubes, around 1 ½ inches.
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes, or until they are easily pierced with a fork.
Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
Dice the back and cook in a frypan until well done, then place on a plate lined with paper towel which will absorb the grease.
Peel the hard boiled eggs, rinse and chop.
To make the dressing, you will need to mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, celery salt and pepper in a bowl.
When the potatoes and the bacon are cooled, add the bacon to the potatoes. Then add the chopped egg and spring onions. Mix to combine.
Gently mix through the dressing. Place the salad in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
To serve, place in a bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
More Salad Recipes
- BLT Salad
- Tomato Spinach Pasta Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
- Chorizo, Egg and Potato Salad
Creamy Potato SaladSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 7 medium potatoes, red skinned
- water (and salt - if desired)
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 3 spring onions, slices
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp celery salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika, garnish
- Wash and scrub the potatos and dice into bite-sized cubes, about 1 - 1/2 inches.
- Place the potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover (and salt, if desired). Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain, and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Dice the bacon and cook in a frypan until well done, then place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb the grease.
- Peel the hard boiled eggs, rinse and chop.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, celery salt, and pepper.
- When the potatos and bacon are cooled, add the bacon to the potatoes.
- Then add the chopped egg and spring onions. Stir well.
- Gently mix through the dressing. Let chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
- To serve, place the potato salad in a bowl, sprinkle with paprika.