These easy to make Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones are a lovely and delicious twist on traditional scones, especially served warm with a little butter.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones
If you love scones, white chocolate and cranberries, then you will love these scones. The white chocolate adds a little sweetness while the cranberries add a lovely flavour and texture to scones. They are delicious warmed slightly served with a little butter which melts into them. They make a great morning or afternoon tea treat.
Cranberry and White Chocolate SconesSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1 TBSP butter
- 170 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate pieces
- extra milk
- extra flour
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
- Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mix until it disappears.
- Add the milk and stir with a fork until you have a soft dough.
- Add the cranberries and the white chocolate and mix through.
- Sprinkle some extra flour onto a board and spoon on the dough.
- Knead until smooth and firm.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1.5 cm thick.
- Dip a scone cutter into flour and then press it into the dough.
- Place the cut scone on the baking tray.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough, leaving a 2cm gap between each scone.
- Brush the tops of each scone with a little milk.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the scones on a tray for a few minutes before removing to a plate.
- Store in an airtight container.
You may also like: