We love cinnamon rolls, so when we came across these cinnamon roll cupcakes, we just had to try them. We were not disappointed either!
Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- For the Swirl
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a small bowl, stir all the ingredients together until combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake papers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Place 1 TBSP of batter into each of the cupcake papers and then make a small well in the middle of each of the cupcake batters. You could use a toothpick or the bottom of a wooden spoon dipped in flour. Stir the filling mixture and then spoon a tsp of the filling into each of the cupcakes. Using a toothpick, swirl the filling and batter together.
- Add another TBSP of the batter to each cupcake and repeat the swirling process.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
Goes well with cream cheese icing. Adapted from Bakingdom