If you haven’t heard of these yet, you are missing out.
Philadelphia with Cadbury Chocolate! And these Chocolate Philly Cheesecake Brownies are awesome!
R absolutely loves it on biscuits for lunch. B prefers the plain cream cheese.
I was in Coles the other day and saw the 4 mini tubs of this for 70c each. They are normally around $2.50-$3 (can’t remember exactly) for the four tubs.
I was interested to know why they were soooo cheap and checked the best before date. They still had 4 days left, so I grabbed quite a few. R was soooo happy. He had them for tea that night as well.
Since I had so many now, I was wondering if you could use them in cooking like you do normal cream cheese. I did a google search and found these: Philadelphia Choccy Philly Cheesecake Brownies.
The recipe says that it only makes 16.
16 brownies isn’t enough for anyone, so I doubled the recipe. I made the double recipe in a lamington tray instead of the square tin the recipe says to use. Here is the normal recipe that makes 16.
Chocolate Philly Cheesecake Brownies
- 175 g caster sugar
- 150 g butter unsalted
- 50 g cocoa
- 75 g plain flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 160 g philadelphia with cadbury
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 20cm square tin.
- Melt the butter, cocoa and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and mix well, then stir in the flour.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared tin, making sure it goes into all the corners.
- Place tsps of the philadelphia with cadbury over the chocolate and using a knife or skewer swirl it a little.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until just firm.
- Cool in the tin and then turn out and cut.