This delicious and nutritious Chicken Vegetable Soup is quick and easy to make; many of the ingredients you may already have at home.
Chicken Vegetable Soup
This chicken vegetable soup is quick and easy to make, being made from a cooked rotisserie chicken. If you don’t have one of these chickens, you could use chicken breast or thighs which have been cooked and shredded.
First, to make this soup, you need to gather all of your supplies.
After discarding the skin from the chicken, use kitchen shears or a knife to cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Then chop the onion.
Next, melt the butter in pan, adding the onion, garlic and a dash of salt and cook until tender.
Next, add the chicken broth and increase the heat to bring the soup to the boil.
Mix through the frozen vegetables, diced tomatoes or tomato sauce and pasta.
Cook for 7-8 minutes until the pasta is done. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
Add the lemon juice, chicken and pepper and cook for one more minute.
Salt to your liking and serve.
Chicken Vegetable SoupSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 TBSP parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz (115g) ditalini pasta
- 1 TBSP butter, unsalted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 24 oz (700g) mixed vegetables, frozen bag
- 15oz (425g) can diced tomatoes, or tomato sauce
- 1 regular rotisserie chicken, pulled apart, without skin
- 8 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
- Pull the rotisserie chicken apart; discard the skin and using kitchen shears, or a knife, cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Chop or dice the onion into your size preference.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and the garlic, a dash of salt and cook until the onion is tender and starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth,increase the heat, and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the pasta, frozen vegetables and tomatoes or tomato sauce.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes, just until the pasta is done.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, chicken and pepper; cook for 1 more minute.
- Salt the soup to your liking.
You may also like: