Fried rice is a favourite in our house, so recently when I had purchased quite a few cauliflower heads, I decided to try and a low-carb version of this favourite dish. It was an easy swap which tasted great.
This dish is really just a easy to make, delicious dish of vegetables with a little oil, sauce and eggs. Though, you could add diced bacon if you wish.
You can purchase cauliflower rice from the supermarket. I have seen it in the fresh fruit/vegetable section where the packet mixes are and I have seen it in the frozen vegetable section. This can be used instead of making your own cauliflower rice. I used a small, whole cauliflower head, which I pulsed in a food processor.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped in food processor
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3-4 TBSP soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a little oil in a wok or skillet.
- Scramble eggs and cook about 2-3 minutes in skillet.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil and saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas, carrots and capsicum. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped cauliflower.
- Add soy sauce and seasonings and mix through.
- Roughly chop up egg and stir through.
- When all in cooked, serve immediately.
You may also like:
- Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
- Zucchini Slice
- Cheesy Bacon and Spinach Cob Loaf
- Tomato- Spinach Pasta Salad