This delicious Cauliflower Broccoli Salad is a great dish to take to a BBQ, picnic, potluck meals, parties or family gatherings.
This easy salad is such a lovely dish, just cut up your ingredients and toss in a bowl, make your dressing and mix all together. The only ingredient in this salad that is cooked is the bacon, the cauliflower and broccoli are raw and fresh, giving it a lovely crunch. This salad can be made ahead, just keep the salad and the dressing separate and mix when ready to eat.
The sunflower seeds could be swapped out for pecans or almonds and you could use all cauliflower or all broccoli if you wish. The dried cranberries could be substituted for raisins and the cheese may also be left out, depending on your diet requirements.
This fresh and crunchy salad is a great mix which everyone will enjoy!
Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 red onioin, diced
- 225g bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 TBSP dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP caster sugar
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- Add a little oil to a frypan and fry the diced bacon until cooked.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Mix the broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well until all incorporated together.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
You may also like: