Camping with your kids can be such a rewarding experience. Our kids absolutely love getting out into the bush and spending time in nature. A few years ago, we enjoyed our biggest camping trip, in which we spent 6 months driving around Australia. To help you and your family enjoy camping, I have collected a list of some amazing camping printables and activities that your children are sure to love.
There are so many ways to learn and have fun while camping. Here are a few!
- Go for a walk through nature
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Build a campfire
- Cook on a campfire
- Watch for animals
- Make s’mores
- Tell stories around the campfire
- Play cards or board games
- Sing songs around the campfire
- Made shadow puppets
- Look at the stars
- Read a book
- Create a nature journal
- Ride a bike or scooter
- Go fishing
- Play I Spy
- Make a stone sculpture
- Skip stones
- Watch the clouds
In this camping lapbook we learnt about 3 different species of poisonous plants, how to build a campfire, first aid, and some of the supplies that you will need, as well as many other things. The majority of the pieces we used, you can get for free from Homeschool Share. We did add a few photos and other things from our camping trips as well.
Camping Study Resources
Printables and Activities
- Camping Printable Pack – This printable pack is aimed at kids ages 2 – 8 and contains lots of many fun and educational activities.
- Camp Writing Prompts – Containing 25 writing prompts, this printable pack is a great way to encourage your child to write about their adventures.
- Camping Fun Pack – Another printable pack aimed at kids ages 2 – 9. It contains 64 pages of fun learning activities.
- Camping Do-a-Dot Printables – This 20 page printable pack contains many do-a-dot activities for your younger kids.
- Camping Journal – These lined pages can be made into a handy little book for your child to write about their adventures.
- Camping Printable Pack – This camping themed printable pack contains many fun and educational activities for your preschooler.
- Camping Cards – These camping cards are a great way to introduce camping to your child and help them with their vocabulary and spelling.
- Camping Themed I Spy – This printable is a great way to help your child improve their speech, language, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
- Camping Themed WH Question Cards – A great way to work on camping vocabulary.
- Camping Activity Book – These fun activities are particularly useful when you have some bad weather on your camping trip. They can also be used to keep your kids occupied while driving to your camping spot.
- Camping Charades – A fun printable camping themed game to play.
- Camping Scavenger Hunt – This is a great way to explore nature around your campsite.
- Camping Printable Pack – This pack is aimed at preschoolers, containing many fun camping themed activities.
- Campfire Handprint Picture– A fun hands-on activity for kids.
- Make a Nature Bracelet – A fun activity to do while going on a hike.
- Popsicle Stick Tents – A fun craft activity for kids.
- Camping Story Stones – A fun art and literacy activity combined in to one.
- Toilet Tube Binoculars – A fun craft activity for dramatic play.
- Glowing Campfire Craft – Such a cool, pretend campfire activity.
- Pretend Campfire for Dramatic Play – Another fun campfire activity.
If you are looking for more hints and tips for camping, you might these posts below:
- Caravan and Camping Checklists
- Top Tips for Camping with Kids
- Camping Cupcakes – A great treat while camping
- 5 Frugal Family Vacation Tips
- Camping Themed Birthday Party
Here is a List of Camp Games that is full of information that you will find very interesting.