Our boys love sitting around a campfire when we go camping, sharing stories and keeping warm as well as roasting marshmallows. As we had been talking about camping, we decided to make these gorgeous campfire handprint pictures.
Campfire Handprint Pictures
To make these campfire pictures, you will need:
- brown (we used grey as didn’t have any brown) paper
- red, yellow and orange paper for the handprints and moon
- gold star stickers
- large sheet of black paper for the background
To make these pictures:
- Draw around one hand on each of the red, yellow and orange pieces of paper, then cut the handprint out.
- Cut out a round circle for the moon, out of the leftover yellow piece of paper.
- Cut out thin, long strips for the firewood out of the grey or brown paper.
- To assemble, glue the firewood strips onto the bottom of the black paper. Arrange the strips to look like firewood in a fire.
- Paste on one handprint straight up in the middle of the page, with the bottom resting on the firewood.
- Paste the other two handprints on slight angles, so they overlap each side of the handprint that has already been glued on.
- Paste on the moon in the top corner.
- Place the gold star stickers in the ‘sky’ of the paper, near the moon, above the handprint flames.
After the picture is dry, you could laminate for durability and use as a poster. It is also a good way to remember how small your child’s hadn’t was when they created it.
You may also like: