While browsing the internet for things to do I came across a recipe for Bread in a Bag. As the boys love to cook and eat bread, I thought it would be something that they would enjoy.We made this one night to go with our tea and it turned out great.
Bread in a Bag
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 TBSP white sugar
- 1 x 7g package rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 TBSP milk
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large resealable freezer bag, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, yeast and warm water.
- Squeeze most of the air out of the bag, and seal.
- Squish with your hands until the well blended.
- Set aside to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, or until bubbles appear.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, dry milk, oil and salt.
- Pour into the resealable bag and squeeze out most of the air.
- Seal, and squish until well blended.
- Add the last cup of flour to the bag, and continue mixing in the same manner until well blended.
- Remove the dough from the bag, and place on a floured surface. Knead for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Form into a small loaf, and place in a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Cover with a towel, and allow to rise for about 30 minutes, or until your finger leaves an impression when you poke the top of the loaf gently.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Bake the bread for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.