We are looking at studying Brazil and decided to try some Brazilian food. This Brazilian Grilled Pineapple was easy to make and smelled so nice while cooking, and tasted great when done.
This super-simple dish with a brown sugar and cinnamon glaze can be eaten as a side dish or served as dessert! It tasted really yummy mixed with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.
Brazilian Grilled PineappleSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 pineapple cut into spears
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour sugar mixture into a large ziplock bag.
- Place the pineapple spears into the ziplock bag and close the bag tightly.
- Shake the bag so that the sugar mixture coats the spears.
- Place in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Preheat a bbq or grill pan on medium heat and lightly oil.
- Place the spears onto the grill and turn after 3 - 5 minutes until all the sides are grilled.
- You can grill this until it is cooked to your liking.