With the way the world is heading, digital resources are becoming more popular with teachers and homeschoolers. These digital resources need to be easy to find and manage as well as simple for young children to access and complete independently. That’s where BOOM Cards come in.
Simply put, BOOM Cards are a digital version of task cards. They can range from click the correct answer, fill in the blank, drag and drop to answering multiple questions. To access these cards, you do need a computer, tablet, mobile phone or interactive whiteboard as well as internet and a free or paid BOOM Learning account to access the BOOM Cards.
BOOM Cards have some great advantages, as in they can be accessed anywhere, they provide instant feedback and are perfect for distance learning. As they are all digital, BOOM Cards will help you save time and money as there is no printing, laminating or cutting to do.
As previously stated, you will need a BOOM Learning account. There is a free Starter Plan, as well as a Basic Plan, Power Plan and an Ultimate Plan. Currently, they range from free to $35US. The reporting option, which is great to see how children are going, is only available on the Power and Ultimate plans.
BOOM Learning has many videos that will help you get started using and even creating your own decks if you want. You can find their support page here.
To Use BOOM Cards
- Create an account and log in.
- Then go to your ‘Library’
- Locate the deck that you want your child/ren or class to complete and then click on ‘FastPin.’
- This will generate a new pin from which you can either copy and paste the link to the platform that you are using – email, Seesaw, Google Classroom
- Or, you can use the FastPin code, then on the Boom Learning site, click on the ‘FastPlay’ Button and enter the 4-letter pin to play.
- Note: These pins are only valid for 5 days, so every 5 days you will have to regenerate a new pin to use the deck again.