We love cheesecakes and as I had a massive lot of yummy, fresh blueberries to use, I decided to make a Baked Blueberry Cheesecake.
This cheesecake is a lovely home-cooked, baked cheesecake that is just so delicious. With baked cheesecakes, I find it is better to bake them the day before, to allow it to chill properly before decorating and eating. I use a springform pan for these as it is easier to take the cheesecake out before decorating and serving. To help with cracking, let the cheesecake cool in the oven without opening the door.
When serving, I find it easier when I have a warm to hot cloth nearby to wipe the knife on after each cut.
- 175 g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 200 g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 100 g butter, melted
- 450 g cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups blueberries
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour or cornstarch
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 TBSP icing mixture or powdered sugar
- To make the base, crush the biscuits in a food processor.
- Melt the butter and then mix with the crushed biscuits.
- Line a 20cm springform tin with baking paper and press the crumb mixture onto the base.
- Spread the blueberries over the base and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Beat the softened cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the blueberries, tap the tin on the counter to release any air bubbles, and bake in a moderate oven, 170˚C for 45 minutes, or until until the cheeesecake is set. Let cool in the oven.
- Add the blueberries, sugar and lemon zest to a meduim suacepan.
- Cook on medium low heat until warm.
- Mix the lemon juice with the cornflour. Slowly, while stirring, add to the saucepan.
- Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and store in an airtight container in the fridge until the cheesecake is cooled down.
- When ready to decorate, remove the blueberry sauce from the fridge.
- Whip the cream with the vanilla and icing mixture until it forms peaks.
- Pipe the cream around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Pour the blueberry sauce into the middle of the cheesecake.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning
You may also like:
- Apple Turnovers
- Apple Crumble
- Banana, Mango and Raspberry Popsicles
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake