The Australian Gold Rush happened a long time ago. These Australian Gold Rush Timeline Cards start on the 30th May 1823, when the first pieces of gold were found in the Fish River near Bathurst.
The finding of gold in Australia was a turning point for the Australian society. Tremendous changes happened, bringing in Australia’s first great wave of immigration from countries other than England. Prospectors made the trek from Asia, America as well as Europe to try their luck, hoping to strike it rich. But, this influx of people also brought a lot of racial tensions, with some groups being persecuted.
Australian Gold Rush Timeline Cards
To prepare your Australian Gold Rush Timeline Cards, print them out on white paper then cut out and laminate. I punch a hole in the top left hand corner of the cards and keep our them together with a binder ring.
There are four cards per sheet of paper, making it a total of 43 cards. They start in 1823 and end in 1855.
These cards can be used in multiple ways, such as:
- place in order and read the events that took place
- place in order and use as part of copywork
- make two copies and use in memory / matching games
- instead of laminating, have your child glue each card onto a separate piece of paper in the top left hand corner of the page, then have your child research the information on the card and write or draw a picture of the event that took place on the card
You may also like:
- Australian Gold Rush Timeline Cards
- Australian Animals Printable Pack
- Platypus Unit
- Platypus Life Cycle Cards
- Australia Unit Study
- Australian Mega Fauna Study
- Australian Money Pack
- Australian Money Cards
- Australian Gold Rush and Eureka Stockade mini printable pack.