A great way to work on alphabet and literacy skills with young children is with this fun Apple Letter Find activity.
Apple Letter Find
With this fun printable, children will be practicing their handwriting and letter recognition skills all while learning the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
With one page per letter, there are multiple activities which children will complete.
The instructions on how to use the page are written on a sign that an apple is holding. These instructions can be read to the child and then they can colour in the picture.
Then, using a pencil, they can trace the uppercase and lowercase letters on the top right hand side of the page.
- Colour the Apple – At the top of the page, there is a black and white image of an apple holding a sign with the instructions on how to use this page. Once they understand what they are to be doing, they can then colour in the apple.
- Draw the Letters – At the top of the right hand side of the page, there are uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet which children can trace as they say the sound.
- Find the Letters – Search through the apples and find the uppercase and lowercase letters that match the letters at the top of the page. When found, the letters can be dabbed with a bingo marker or do-a-dot marker, covered with a mini eraser or counter or circled or crossed out with a crayon or marker.
Ways to Use
- Print out all worksheets and have your child complete them. Once completed, they could laminate them and hold them together with a binder ring in the top left hand corner.
- Print out all worksheets, laminate them and have your child use a dry erase marker to trace all the letters and cross out or circle the letters. Hold together with a binder ring in the top left hand corner. Children could use pom poms, buttons or counters to decorate the letters of the alphabet.
- Print out all worksheets and have your child colour in the bee with colouring pencils or crayons. Then laminating and holding them together with a binder ring in the top left hand corner for children to use a dry-erase marker to complete the rest of the activities over and over again.
Other Apple Activities
- Apple Life Cycle Playdough Mats
- Apple Seed Counting Mats
- Apple Printable Pack
- Apple Life Cycle Flip Book
- Apple Lapbook
- Apple Notebooking Pages