With Anzac Day coming up, we have been learning more about this day, which also included making some Anzac themed recipes.
This baked Anzac cheesecake uses the Anzac biscuit recipe as the base, has the yummy cheesecake filling and a delicious golden syrup sauce on top.
After making the base from rolled oats, plain flour, desiccated coconut, butter, golden syrup and brown sugar, press it into your prepared tin. I just pressed mine onto the bottom of a 20cm springform cake tin, which meant that the biscuit base was a little on the thicker side. If you want a thinner base, there will be enough of the base to line the sides of the cake pan as well as the base.
Once the base has been prepared, set it aside and make the cheesecake filling. Mix the softened cream cheese, castor sugar, vanilla extract and eggs together and pour over the base. Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes until just set. Let cool in the oven.
Once the cheesecake is cool, make the sauce. This recipe makes a lot of sauce, so you could halve it if you want. After decorating with whipped cream, I poured some of the sauce over the top of the cheesecake and put the remaining sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. As we don’t eat this cheesecake in one setting, I just reheat the rest of the sauce and pour it over the slices when we do have a slice of the cheesecake. So yum!
More Cheesecake Recipes
- Tim Tam Cheesecake
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Caramilk Cheesecake Slice
- Mango Cheesecake
- Cherry Ripe Cheesecake
- Jelly Cheesecake Slice
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
Anzac CheesecakeSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 1/4 cups traditional rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 75 g butter
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 500 g cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
GOLDEN SYRUP SAUCE
- 60 g butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 TBSP thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 150˚C (130˚C fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 20cm round springform pan.
To make the BASE
- Combine rolled oats, flour and coconut in a bowl.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring for 5 mins or until butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Turn off heat and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter mixture to the rolled oat mixture and stir to combine well.
- Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes, then press it over the base and up the sides of the prepared pan.
To Make the CHEESECAKE
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Pour over base and level the top.
- Place pan on a baking tray and bake for approx. 50 minutes or until filling is just set. The cheesecake will wobble slightly in the centre. Turn off oven.
- Cool the cheesecake in the oven for an hour, with the door slightly ajar. Then cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge for a few hours.
To make the SAUCE
- While the cheesecake is cooling, place the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan.
- Cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- When the cheesecake has set and cooled, drizzle the golden syrup sauce over and serve immediately.