Hubby just loves Anzac biscuits and with Anzac Day coming up, I thought I would twist the Anzac biscuit recipe and make it into a yummy cheesecake.
This Anzac cheesecake uses the Anzac biscuit recipe as the base, has the yummy cheesecake filling and a delicious golden syrup sauce on top.
- 1 1/4 cups traditional rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 75 g butter
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 500 g cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
GOLDEN SYRUP SAUCE
- 60 g butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 TBSP thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 150˚C (130˚C fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 20cm round springform pan.
To make the BASE
- Combine rolled oats, flour and coconut in a bowl.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring for 5 mins or until butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Turn off heat and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter mixture to the rolled oat mixture and stir to combine well.
- Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes, then press it over the base and up the sides of the prepared pan.
To Make the CHEESECAKE
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Pour over base and level the top.
- Place pan on a baking tray and bake for approx. 50 minutes or until filling is just set. The cheesecake will wobble slightly in the centre. Turn off oven.
- Cool the cheesecake in the oven for an hour, with the door slightly ajar. Then cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge for a few hours.
To make the SAUCE
- While the cheesecake is cooling, place the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan.
- Cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- When the cheesecake has set and cooled, drizzle the golden syrup sauce over and serve immediately.