With only seven ingredients, these biscuits are quite easy to make. Just add the plain flour, rolled oats, caster sugar, and desiccated coconut to a bowl. In a small saucepan, add the butter and golden syrup. Melt over low heat, while stirring to make sure the ingredients combine well.
Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water before adding to the melted butter and syrup. This mixture will then foam and bubble up. Remove from the heat and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combine. Roll into balls and place on lined baking trays. Press down slightly with a fork to flatten the tops.
Make sure that you space out the biscuits as they can spread during baking.
More Biscuit Recipes
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Condensed Milk Cookies
- Fresh Ginger Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Slice
- Milo Biscuits
- Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Rice Bubble Biscuits
- Butterscotch Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 TBSP golden syrup
- 150 g butter
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 1/2 TBSP water
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted.
- Mix the bicarbonate soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons water and add to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly. Leave space between the balls for spreading.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.