This Free Printable Alphabet Dominoes Pack is a great way to bring the family together and have fun help the young children learn the letters of the alphabet.
Dominoes is a game that is played with rectangular tiles. Each tile has a line dividing its face into two square ends. In this printable pack, each end is marked with a lowercase or uppercase letter of the alphabet. If you wish, you can add colourful or patterned paper to the back of the dominoes.
The basic rules of Dominoes are:
- Place all the dominoes face-down on the table and mix-up.
- Each player selects seven dominoes that they keep hidden from their opponents.
- The player with the highest double (e.g.. Z-Z) starts the game. They place that tile down, face up on the table.
- The player on their left is next. They must lay down a matching domino. For example, if the first domino laid down was R – R, the next player must place down a card next to the first one with an r on it.
- If the player does not have a matching card, they pick up another card from the pile of face-down cards until they get one that is playable. If there are none that are playable, they are to pass their turn onto the next player.
- Keep playing until there are no cards left.
This printable Alphabet Dominoes printable pack is a great way to help your children learn the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
There are many ways you can play:
- by matching the capital letters
- by matching the little letters
- by matching the capital letter to the little letter
To download your free copy, click the link below: