A great way to work on number recognition skills and handwriting skills with young children is with this fun Acorn Number Find activity.
Acorn Number Find
With this fun printable, children will be practicing their handwriting and number recognition skills, learning the numbers from 0 through 20.
With one page per number from 0 through 20, there are multiple activities which children will complete.
The instructions on how to use the page are written on a sign that an acorn is holding. These instructions can be read to the child and then they can colour in the picture.
Then, using a pencil, they can trace the numbers on the top right hand side of the page.
- Colour the Acorn – At the top of the page, there is a black and white image of an acorn holding a sign with the instructions on how to use this page. Once they understand what they are to be doing, they can then colour in the acorn.
- Draw the Numbers – At the top of the right hand side of the page, there are the numbers which children can trace as they say the number.
- Find the Numbers – Search through the acorns and find the numbers that match the numbers at the top of the page. When found, the numbers can be dabbed with a bingo marker or do-a-dot marker, covered with a mini eraser or counter or circled or crossed out with a crayon or marker.
Ways to Use
- Print out all worksheets and have your child complete them. Once completed, they could laminate them and hold them together with a binder ring in the top left hand corner.
- Print out all worksheets, laminate them and have your child use a dry erase marker to trace all the numbers and cross out or circle the numbers. Hold together with a binder ring in the top left hand corner. Children could use pom poms, buttons or counters to decorate the numbers.
- Print out all worksheets and have your child colour in the acorn with colouring pencils or crayons. Then laminating and holding them together with a binder ring in the top left hand corner for children to use a dry-erase marker to complete the rest of the activities over and over again.