In 2014 I am going to try something new. I am choosing a word for 2014. One word. This word is to help me try to remember to improve in this area of my life throughout the year. This word just hit me as I was cleaning the house. My word:Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we discuss lots of homeschooling activities and printables for kids every day!
Check out some others words for 2014 at the 2014 Word for the Year Round Up!
1. bodily or mental exertion
2. to put into action, use, operation or effect
1 Timothy 4:8 says:
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” (NIV version.)
The Living Bible translates it as:
1 Timothy 4:8
Bodily exercise is all right, but spiritual exercise is much more important and is a tonic for all you do. So exercise yourself spiritually, and practice being a better Christian because that will help you not only now in this life, but in the next life too.
This year I hope to practice more exercise.
- Exercise as in the fitness. Physical exercise helps strengthen your muscles and bones, helps improve your help, helps you fights many conditions and diseases and gives you a healthier state of mind. It helps lift your mood and improve your sleeping patterns. I was told at the beginning of 2008 that I have Sciatica. It took me around 12 months to work out how to handle it which I have done extremely well, until early 2013. I was out grocery shopping one day with the boys, got to the fourth aisle and could barely walk anymore. I spent most of March, April and May in bed or on the couch due to pain down the back of both my legs and across the front on both my ankles. I also kept getting pins and needles in both my feet. I couldn’t sleep due to the pain and I ended up putting on a bit of weight. I have been told walking and yoga/pilates are good for backs. I was doing yoga and a bit of walking up until this time and just haven’t gotten back into it. This year I hope to do more exercise to help with the back pain.
- I need to exercise more spiritually. Practice to be a better Christian, spend more time doing what God wants me to do and teaching our boys to do the same. I need to read my Bible more and encourage them to read their Bibles more as well and become closer to the Lord.
- I also need to exercise more self control in the area of junk food. I eat way to much junk food and not enough grain food. I would like to eat more fresh food and less packaged food and feed my family the same. Start eating a healthier diet to go with my physical exercise and I should start feeling a lot better.
- I need to exercise caution with my mouth. I can be quite blunt at times and need to learn better ways of saying what I want to say or learn to keep my mouth shut. “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all!”
- I need to exercise (put into action) more ways in keeping the boys learning fun! Doing more fun activities and fun outings and seeing this amazing country we live in! Our boys are really good when it comes to their schoolwork, but they are always learning. Just by visiting a new place, you can learn so much!!
- I need to exercise more control over my spending! I have always tried to be frugal as we are living on one way, but with the rising costs of living, (and the new rules that hubby’s work has brought in) we need to keep a tight budget. We need to spend more time thinking if we need or are really going to use an item before we purchase it. Also we live in a small townhouse, do we really have the room to store this item.
- And lastly, I need to exercise more control over my time. I need to be organised in certain areas (especially when it comes to computer time) and stop wasting my time.
I don’t know whether I will be able to do all on this list this year, but I am going to try my best.
What is your word for 2014?